Rapid Fiv Ab/FeLV Test Kit
THE ANIGEN RAPID FIV AB/FELV AG TEST DETECTS THE FELINE IMMUNODEFICIENCY VIRUS ANTIBODY AND THE FELINE LEUKEMIA VIRUS ANTIGEN.
- One-step testing procedure
- Quick and accurate
- Principle – Immunochromatographic Assay
- Specimen – Whole blood, Plasma or Serum
- High Sensitivity and Specificity:
- Sensitivity – 96.8% (FIV), 94.7% (FeLV)
- Specificity – 99.6% (FIV), 99.7% (FeLV)
FIV Ab Test
A cat in the acute phase of infection may be antibody negative and resting within 6-8 weeks is warranted to establish a diagnosis in cats with a recent history that puts them at risk of exposure.
FeLV Ag Test
To completely eliminate any risk to an established household when bringing in a new cat, a follow-up test should be performed at least 90 days after the initial test or possible exposure to FeLV, because cats may be in the early stage of infection at the time of the first test.
FIV Ab tests have to be interpreted carefully in kittens less than 6 months of age. Kittens up to 12 weeks of age can have passively acquired anti-FIV antibody from mothers that are infected or have been vaccinated. If the kittens have a FIV positive result, the kitten should be retested after 8-12 weeks. If FIV negative, the kitten is unlikely to be infected. If still positive, it is probably infected.
- Anigen Rapid FIV Ab/FeLV Ag Test Device
- Assay Diluents Bottle
- Anticoagulant Tube
- Disposable Capillary Tube